Thursday, October 7, 2010

Parcel Post!


Buying fabric in Australia can be so expensive... up to $28 per metre! It's no wonder, especially with the Aussie dollar being so competitive at the moment, that I buy most of my fabric online overseas! My favourite shop is www.thefatquartershop.com because they have a great range, good postage rates which they reduce if they can when they post (often you save more than you think!), great specials, and they often have a 50% off facebook special. I can highly recommend joining their facebook fan page! It is not surprising then that a package arrived in my mailbox today... it included 24 fat quarters "Art Journal" by Bari J. Ackerman. Not my thing really but I hope will make some pretty quilts that someone will adore! Stay tuned...

Tomorrow I am having a day out with mum to help supervise DD2 (18mths). We are off to the Craft Expo in Melbourne. I'm hoping to find a few things I am looking for to kick my business along, as well as check out all the fabulous quilts and stalls I know will be there! Maybe you'll find The Crafty Camel there in a couple of years!


While I was out tonight I bought an invaluable tool... a design board... it's big... 80x120cm. Tomorrow I'll be launching a little competition tomorrow so stay tuned!

No comments: