Thursday, May 13, 2010

Some photos of recent progress...

I finished this cross-stitch last week at 1am the night before I went to visit a friend in her new house! She's moved to a lovely country place and when I saw this design it just felt right for her! It's always hard moving to a new place and making new friends so it was kind of like a message I felt God wanted me to pass on to her!! I wish I'd taken a photo before the glass went on but in all honesty I didn't have time!
I finally have finished this blanket for a friend's 4 year old! I started it about 2 years ago and then got pregnant and had a baby so it has only now been finished! I will be posting it this weekend! I loved the colours and the look of it. It was actually a fairly cheap Spotlight yarn (cupcake, $3.50) but beautifully soft and seems to wear well. It hasn't pilled at all so far. It has a lot of moss stitch and double moss stitch which drove me nuts but adds wonderful texture to the design. The edge is crocheted. I hope he likes it!
The framing of this was easy... went and got a mount cut... pre-purchased frame... spot of spray adhesive and voila! If I had more time I probably would have paid a whole lot more to get it properly framed but I'm not sure it would have made much difference! It was nice to see how well the colour matched the design and her furniture!
I just thought I'd throw in a picture of the very simple cake i made for my daughter's birthday! She wanted a beanie party so I just made a sponge, jam in the centre, and a ring tin sponge, also jam in the middle... cut the bottom off a plastic cup and some foil in the bottom, iced the cake, sat the beanie in... jaffas around the edge to hide the daggy icing... sprinkles on the top... the easiest birthday cake I've made by far but it tasted great and still looked fine!
I spotted these fabrics in a pack (5x10inch rectangles) and they "spoke" to me about my friend!!! She was going through a trying time so I made this in an afternoon as her "calming quilt"!!! They are not my colours at all but they worked great on her grey couch!

No comments: